Hearthstone Support for MacBook Pro Retina Display?
Quality Assurance Rolkyr posted the forum thread: “Hearthstone Closed Beta Known Issues” on October 3rd.
I found curious the choice of words: “Mac retina resolutions are not yet supported.” The “not yet” part gives away there are plans to support .
Blizzard Entertainment has supported Mac users for over a decade, so it is no surprise they might be planning to support Retina users. However, MacBooks are not the only Apple product using the Retina display. The Apple iPad with Retina Display is a good example.
The Retina display on iPad makes everything look crisp and lifelike. Text is razor sharp. Colors are vibrant. Photos and videos are rich with detail. All thanks to its 3.1 million pixels — a million more pixels than an HDTV.
Blizzard plans to launch Hearthstone on iPad later in 2014. The internal iPad alpha testing apparently began a few days ago, as Rob Pardo implied via Twitter.
- Setting a custom deck name can cause issues when trying to edit the contents of the deck. Restarting the client will allow you to edit the deck again.
- The first custom deck you create on the account can cause the client to halt. This only occurs with a mage custom deck and a client restart is needed.
- Sometimes daily quests are not granted immediately.
- Sometimes minions will shift positions on the board.
- The AI can make incorrect choices.
- The End Turn button can appear at the incorrect angle.
- An already opened chat history window overlaps any pop ups for friendly challenges.
- The Credits do not roll properly when viewed from the lobby of Play Mode, Practice Mode or The Arena.
- Opening multiple packs in a row using ‘Spacebar’ can cause the client to become unresponsive. A client restart is needed to work around the issue. This is only a visual bug and the cards are added to your collection properly.
- Alt+tabbing while on a loading screen can cause graphical issues.
- Alt+tabbing on a Mac can cause the Dock to remain visible.
- The client can become unresponsive when quitting from the menu.
- The sound effects from pack opening can loop.
- Mac retina resolutions are not yet supported.
- Alt+tabbing can cause audio to be heard when the client is not in focus or to not be heard in-game.
- OSX specific keyboard commands do not function consistently with other Blizzard title.
- The Warcraft 2 music is incorrectly controlled with the SFX slider as opposed to the music slider.
- Returning a card to a player’s hand can cause the card to remain facedown on the board.