The Little Things
Hearthstone is fun but it has its share of problems. Remember when Defender of Argus wouldn’t buff appropriately and slid around your board like it was on ice? Someone could probably write a dissertation on the order of deathrattles when a board is wiped (sometimes Sylvannas steals the ooze, sometimes she doesn’t). The mechanical confusion is the obvious place to point out problems. Everyone has a game or twenty where things happen in an order that wasn’t expected and your plan is derailed. What irks me now, because mechanical effects are left to my competitive betters, are the little things that are obviously overlooked by the development team. Odd, out of place, mislabeled text or cards or whatnot that have no real effect on the game but bother me the way a buzzing fly does.
Here are my favorites, or least favorites. I’m not sure.
- Why isn’t Razorfen Hunter’s boar named Tuskerr?
- Stampeding Kodo is, in fact, a clefthoof.
- Goblins versus Gnomes isn’t in alphabetical order.
- Mortal Strike doesn’t affect healing.
- When Druid of the Claw is silenced in taunt form, it stays a 4/6. Ancient of War becomes a 5/5.
- Jaina’s mirror images don’t look like her portrait.
- Playing Shadowform twice in a turn resets your hero power.
- Why doesn’t summoning portal require 2 minions on the board already?
- Does Guardian of Kings have antlers?
- The Voidwalker doesn’t sound anything like its WoW counterpart
- Why is Magma Rager still around?
What are the little glitches and oddities in hearthstone that you’ve noticed? List them in comments or tweet me @TheTexpat.