Blizzard fans all over the world travel long distances to attend the biggest event sponsored by Blizzard Entertainment which in the past has exceeded 15,000 people. All of them go to either participate in contests, find out what new games Blizzard will pull out of its hat (Ohh, the big surprise), experience hands-on gameplay, witness the lore, pvp, gameplay, cinematics panels (to name a few). And so much more.
However, Blizzard has never asked fans what they would love to see at BlizzCon beyond what is already established and pre-scheduled (at least to my knowledge). What would be your dream feature in BlizzCon?
I personally can think of a few the fans would so lovely enjoy. Imagine a Darkmoon Faire circus-type of games where the developers are the target and you get rewarded.
- Dunk that Developer: Who wouldn’t love to have Ghostcrawler strapped on a water tank, throwing balls at a bullseye lever to trigger the mechanism that slams him into the water tank. Over, and over, and yet over again. This is the serious-business Nerf-griever of all times. We love him and hate him. Such a mix of feelings. Yea, guys, get a life. One can dream though.
- Foam-up that Developer: Hey, I have no quarrel with Chris Metzen. I have met him a few times. He’s awesome incarnate. Like a brother separated at birth—I think I am a couple years older than him. He visits Blizzplanet very often, has said it in two different occasions. However, some lore fans who need a life (really) have felt compelled to hate his guts over a few retcons (spacegoats crashlanding on Azeroth, chicken-and-the-egg Sargeras vs Eredar, you name it). Although I don’t share the sentiment, I bet these lore fans would like to get a shave cream bottle and spray him all over. (decided for shave cream because whipped cream sounds too … err—removes picture from his mind).
- Paint that developer: Who wouldn’t want to throw paint-filled balloons of all colors at …. drumroll … Jay Wilson. The rainbow Diablo III controversy, remember? That angsty controversy died down so heavy and fast when we got to see other environments, and played the game at last year’s Blizzcon. Yet, those who “need a lif—- I mean, need to relax, and channel their anger in a fun way, would love to paint Jay Wilson to pay for all the grief.
Those are just examples. What would you love Blizzard to add to Blizzcon that could be entertaining, that would let you release some anger in a fun way pseudo-humiliating (you know, payback) a developer? I can think of a few that would love to think about one of these for Jeff Kaplan and some infamous forum CM thread-lockers.
Name your developer or CM, and the feature-circus-like game you would want them to participate in? Share your thoughts.
Note: I have nothing against any of these developers, but I have seen the trolls grief over the past years. I thought it would be fun to let the trolls and other fans have some fun with the developers at a Darkmoon Faire event inside BlizzCon 2009. I met Jeff Kaplan last year, at the Blizzard cafeteria. I ate on the same table as Jay Wilson, it was awesome to listen to him talk about the game with such a passion. Chris Metzen is like a bro, I love all the manga, novels and comic books—and of course all the games’ lore. I haven’t met Ghostcrawler yet, but come on guys, he’s got a hard job to do and not everyone will be happy with class changes, but they have to happen. Cut some slack. He the man.
You know, this Darkmoon Faire thingie could be a pro-benefit of the Make-a-Wish Foundation or other non-profit organization. Not a bad idea after all to have fun, relax, release some built-up anger on the developers, and benefit a charity all at the same time.
Post your own wishlist below or at the official US forums.
I wish all the participants had won a BlizzCon Ticket, but only three are available. Below are the three winners of this giveaway. Congratulations and hope to meet you at BlizzCon.
Those who did not win may still participate in other fansites giveaways which are still active and taking submissions. These are provided by Blizzard Entertainment to all its approved and active fansites.
- Draim @ Azjol-Nerub
- Rowan Seven
- Renaissance @ Dragonblight
From my visit to Blizzcon 2008 at the Anaheim Convention Center, I gathered directions for our fans to the closest restaurants, grocery stores and car rentals around the area. The Marriott and Hilton Hotels are within 3 minutes walk from Blizzcon. They have restaurants and other stores within the Hotel facilities, but if you are on a tight budget, there are some popular restaurants within 10-20 minutes walking distance.
Those who will be at the Marriott Hotel or the Hilton Hotel, or close to Blizzcon will appreciate this database. Simply click on the links below to view a map. The map shows you a direction from Blizzcon (A) to the destination (B). If you click on the green (B), it will zoom you in to an interactive photo-panoramic street view that will let you see a photo of the location.
Restaurants shown in this database are Denny’s Restaurant, Jack in the Box, Carl’s Jr, IHOP, Tiffy’s Family Restaurant, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Morton’s The Steakhouse, Panda Chinese Food, Pizza Shop, and California Pizza Kitchen. (I provided the menu webpage for Denny’s and Carl’s Jr.)
Grocery Stores: 7 Eleven, and Valero Gas Station and Food Shop
Car Rental companies: Budget, Hertz, Enterprise, and Blue Oval.
Get the maps and details after the break.
LOW BUDGET RESTAURANTS
1560 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
1381 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
1610 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802
2088 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim
Carl’s Jr (Burgers)
Carl’s Jr Menu
2144 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
Jack In the Box (Burgers & Sandwishes)
2208 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
Anaheim Resort Center
1768 S Harbor Blvd
Panda Chinese Food and a Pizza Shop across the street from 7 Eleven – between W Katella Ave and S Harbor Blvrd
DOWNTOWN DISNEY DISTRICT Food Locations:
House of Blues Restaurant
La Brea Bakery Cafe
Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria
MEDIUM BUDGET RESTAURANTS
California Pizza KItchen
301 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA
Morton’s The Steakhouse (Not exactly budget meal—+75 USD up)
1893 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA, United States
Tiffy’s Family Restaurant
1804 S West St, Anaheim, CA —- corner between S West and W Katella Ave
DISNEYLAND DOWNTOWN DISTRICT (MAP)
It is located in the Disneyland Downtown District
Enter a tropical rainforest for a dazzling dining experience the entire family will treasure.
* Generous portions of fabulous food from around the world
* A lively jungle of entertainment
* Waterfalls, rain showers, live parrots, animated apes – and all the sounds of a real jungle!
* Fabulous fiber-optic starscape
* Unusual shopping
Service Type: Casual Dining
Price Range: $$$ ($20-$30 per person) *
Meals Served: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack
For Priority Seating arrangements, call the Rainforest Cafe directly at
between W Katella Ave and S Harbor Blvrd.
Valero Gas Station & Food Shop
2100 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
Budget Car and Truck Rental
2132 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
Open M-F 7:30am – 6pm
Cars / GPS available
Blue Oval (Car Rental)
2204 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
Enterprise and Hertz (Van Rental)
225 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA
The sale date for 2009 Blizzcon Tickets have been announced with plenty of heads up. They will be on sale on Saturday, May 16. Notice it is on a weekend—so that everyone has a chance to be online at the moment they go on sale. Last year, 15,000 tickets were sold within 15 minutes causing a lot of angry fans to go Murloc-aggro on Blizzard. Now you have plenty of time to prepare.
|| Blizzard Quote:
||Tickets to this year’s BlizzCon gaming convention, being held on August 21 and 22 in Anaheim, California, will go on sale worldwide on Saturday, May 16 for $125 each, with a second block of tickets going on sale Saturday, May 30. For those unable to attend, DIRECTV will once again be televising BlizzCon in high definition as a Pay Per View event, featuring coverage from the show floor, exclusive interviews, demos, and more. In addition, for the first time, players around the world will be able to watch the DIRECTV BlizzCon event as a Pay Per View Internet stream. Check out the press release ( https://www.blizzard.com/us/press/090505.html ) for further details, and head over to https://www.blizzcon.com on May 16 or May 30 to buy your tickets.