The Hearthstone developers will be having a Q&A for the Hearthstone Community this Friday, March 12, on a Google+. The event will be available live on the Hearthstone’s Youtube channel through “Hangouts on Air”.
Hearthstone lead designer Eric Dodds took the opportunity to write a lengthy article to explain the card balance philosophy and also introduced the new card balance designer Mike Donais, who is experienced in card game design with 10 years hands-on on the field.
The Core Philosophies that are taken in mind when changing a card is putting the card under the lens and looking whether:
- A card causes non-interactive games
- A card is frustrating to play against
- A card is causing confusion or isn’t intuitive enough
- A card is too strong compared to other cards of that cost
- A specific build or style of play is too strong
- A card is too weak
Read the full article here.